Monday, January 23, 2017

"There is a purpose to every trial"

​Forgot to mention it last week but the LDS that I'm posted up next to is actually a gang here, but for our church it stands for Latter Day Saints hahaha

Here’s a picture of our house.


This is the Bolivian version of the Space Needle (actually a water tower)

Found Bolivian Dutch, he's a homie.




Like I said, Bolivia is a lot like Louisiana. But I think the storms here are more frequent and a tad more violent. Biggest storm I've ever seen came out of nowhere. Streets were flooded in seconds.





Learned how to make empanadas. Super rico!!

It’s pretty common for us to see these cows in the streets haha.

Reading the Book of Mormon again, 4th time since I left home. Came across a verse that I love, 

Nephi 20:10
For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.​

Its comforting to know that there is a purpose to every trial, pain, or problem in our lives. God is refining us, making us more perfect and pure so that we can live with him some day.

Love and miss you all!

Con amor,

Elder McClune





No comments:

Post a Comment