Monday, February 6, 2017

Hard work and blessings!

February 6, 2017
This last week was probably the most successful of my mission so far. We worked out butts off. I gave my first blessing in Spanish. Elder Silva were on fire with contacting, got a lot of references, taught some incredible lessons, and Im having my first baptism this Saturday!!









Elder Silva were waiting for the bus the other day when this guy started yelling at us in what Im guessing was Quechua. Then he ran over and hit me! Elder Silva and I crossed the street cuz he starting throwing rocks at us. I dont know if he was drunk, crazy or what. Elder silva thinks he had a devil haha.

Love and miss you all!

Con amor,

Elder McClune

 


January 30, 2017:

Well unfortunately no pictures this week, the computer that I'm usnig is super sketch.

Found an avacado the size of my head, sorry you'll have to wait for a pic.
Tried gigote de carne, super rico. Its kinda not really like pulled porked with bananas hahaha
Pretty sure Bolivia has the most variety of fruit in the entire world. Since I've been here I've tried 2 types of mangoes, 3 types of bananas, . They also have like 100 types of potatoes, no joke. Favorite so far is yuca.

They use every part of cow and chickens down here. Like every part, stomach, tongue, feet you name it. Look up churiqui de pollo. Yup, I've eaten that.

We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Quinton L. Cook, an Apostle. I got to shake his hand!! Everything that he said was incredible, but something that stood out to me was that yeah we were missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but more accurately and importantly, we were witnesses of Jesus Christ.

Love and miss everyone. As always you're in my prayers.

Con amor,


Elder McClune

No comments:

Post a Comment