Thursday, June 14, 2018

Peace through hard times



June 11, 2018

Wow what a busy week.

Made it through the chaotic mess of cambios. Elder Ritchie is training- I'm a grandpa!! My new companion is Elder Prince from Jerome, Idaho. This is is first time being zone-leader so its been fun training him. We've gotten a lot done in these first few days, its gonna be a good cambio.

Passed out at a member's house after stake conference waiting for lunch haha

Living with Elder Bravo (Peru), Elder Baxter (Oregon), and Elder Prince (papalandia) is awesome. I love these guys haha

A friend and fellow missionary committed suicide this last week. He was a nice, funny guy and a good, hardworking missionary. Its hard for me to understand why he did it. We all miss him.

Part of my personal study that helped me feel more at peace this week

The God of heaven is not a heartless referee looking for any excuse to throw us out of the game. He is our perfectly loving Father, who yearns more than anything else to have all of His children come back home and live with Him as families forever. He truly gave His Only Begotten Son that we might not perish but have everlasting life!1 Please believe, and please take hope and comfort from, this eternal truth. Our Heavenly Father intends for us to make it! That is His work and His glory.2

Alma 40:11-12

11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between deathand the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.

12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.


Lead Kindly Light

1. Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene--one step enough for me.
2. I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that thou
Shouldst lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
Lead thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.
3. So long thy pow'r hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile!
I am so grateful for the plan of salvation. It comforts me to know that we are all sons and daughters of God- to know that God understands and loves each one of us perfectly. He wants more than anything for us to be happy and to live with Him again. (Moses 1:39)

https://www.lds.org/manual/true-to-the-faith/plan-of-salvation?lang=eng


I love and miss you guys

Elder McClune

 





June 4, 2018

What a week.

Just like to start off by saying that miracles happen and God answers our prayers. I am so incredibly blessed.

Lost my companion- Elder Dameron got sent to the offices for his last two cambios as secretary to the president so that blows. I miss him like crazy, hes a good friend and missionary. Its been hard managing the zone by myself, being in a trio, and working in two areas but s'all good hahaha. The work is progressing. Elder Baxter and Elder Tayco are awesome haha. Nervous for cambios as always. This will probably be my last companion and area. 

Got shots for the influenza- NOT HAPPY. Man I hate needles.

It has been BITTER cold lately. Holy cow I had no idea it could get this cold in Bolivia. Sleeping in 4 layers and 3 blankets- and Im still freezing my nalguitas off. Its going to be rough transitioning back to winter in the USA ha

I had a lot that I wanted to share this week. I've been thinking about what I've learned on the mission, the gospel, my family, all of the blessings God has given me etc. This verse sums it up better than I can:

Alma 26:16

16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

I love the Lord. I love His gospel, His church, and His work. He is my Redeemer, Brother and Friend. I will dedicate the rest of my life to following Him

1. I feel my Savior’s love
In all the world around me.
His Spirit warms my soul
Through ev’rything I see.
He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior’s love,
The love he freely gives me.
2. I feel my Savior’s love;
Its gentleness enfolds me,
And when I kneel to pray,
My heart is filled with peace.
He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior’s love,
The love he freely gives me.
3. I feel my Savior’s love
And know that he will bless me.
I offer him my heart;
My shepherd he will be.
He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior’s love,
The love he freely gives me.
4. I’ll share my Savior’s love
By serving others freely.
In serving I am blessed.
In giving I receive.
He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior’s love,
The love he freely gives me
Love and miss you guys.


Elder McClune






May 28, 2018

Another tough, but awesome week.

Found some new families to teach. Amazing how God leads us to the people that are ready for the gospel. Miracles are real and we're seeing a lot of them here in Bolivia:)

We did a service project making a soccer field for some investigators and members. Good, fun, manual labor! Got some new caluses and blisters haha. After we ate relleno Beniano (cow intestine stuffed with rice and meat) super good!!

Out of time but Ill be sure to share more in next weeks email!

Love and miss you guys!


Elder McClune





May 21, 2018

Another incredible week. I feel so grateful for everything. God is amazing.

I suck at writing emails so I'm bumming off of my companion again haha:

this last week, it BLEW, my mind. i am so grateful for all the many blessing our Heanvenly Father has seen fit to send us. becuz they are MANY! and they are powerful!
this week we were in a an absolute scramble, a hectic rush, a frantic race against the clock as you could say. we had a million and a half things to accomplish and never enough time for it all hahaha finishing the lesson with andres and yuli, setting up their baptismal interviews, a mulitzone conference, a baptism to plan,  we gave baptismal interviews in warnes AND universitario, and exchange with elder baxter and tayco etc. but somehow by the Lords almighty grace, we pulled through!

ANDRES ANTELO AND YULI VASQUEZ WERE BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED!
it was such a unique and wonderful experience! the baptismal service was short, sweet, neat and tidy. so not at all like the usual hahaha! it went perfectly! my favorite part was the confirmation the next day!

so yuli had asked that her best friend, thats an return missionary, so Nimrod (thats his actual name im not insulting him haha) could confirm her, so nimrod, our ward mission leader, samuel oyola, my comp and us placed our hands upon her head and nimrod began to say the prayer.

in that very moment it seemed to me as the very heavens held their breath, and the very world came to a standstill. every word that fell from his lips carried the distant weight of destiny and of salvation, each phrase seemed as if a hammer blow, and the spirit filled my being so strongly that i felt as if I was the one being confirmed instead of yuli. THE POWER OF GOD WAS MANIFEST.
i will never forget that experiance.
literally saving ordinances done be worthy preisthood holders are God´s will being made realilty.
my experiance was very similar for andres and his confirmation.
i have an undeniable testimony that GOD´s power and authority exist in this church! that it has been restored to the earth! i know it with all my heart! i have no doubt

both yuli and andres when they gave their testimonies expressed desires to also also honor their baptismal covenant, stay close to God,and be faithful until the end. ANDRES EVEN SAID HE WANTS TO GO ON A MISSION! i am so so happy for these two wonderful children of God! I AM FILLED WITH JOY! I AM JUST SIMPLY FILLED! i dont know how much more i can take!
and if that wasnt enough
on saturday a family we reactivated, the antelo family brought friends to the baptism and then to church too! and then a different family, the Lima family that we helped reactivate the father jhonni gave an absolutely killer talk in sacrament! i just sat there in awe and amazment! the LORD IS SOOOO GOOD! this work is so true! i dont know how else to explain it


Just some little quotes and thoughts from the week:

"Sometimes God closes all of the doors but the right one"

The distance between us and our Heavenly Father is 12 inches- the distance from our knees to the floor.

"Problem" is just a lazy way of saying "has a solution"

So yeah Elder Dameron and I are having a good time and getting work done. Time is flying by. So surreal, seems like a dream.

Love and miss you guys,


Elder McClune



No comments:

Post a Comment