Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Hard at work!


May 14, 2018

WE PLAYED AMERICAN FOOTBALL BABY!! Super fun playing flag football (with old socks and ties). Even the Latinos enjoyed it haha


I LOVE THE MISSION!! I LOVE BOLIVIA!! LIFE IS SO GOOD!!!!

Man this week has been an answer to my prayers. Elder Dameron and I have been putting in the work and God has been blessing us for it. We found new families to teach, a lot of people came to church, and we have two baptisms coming up this Saturday!

Had the best AND LAST Skype call of my mission yesterday. I am so very blessed. I love my family so much. I am eternally grateful that through God's plan I can live with them forever.

DyC 130:20-21 20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—

21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.

DyC 82:10
10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.


To live righteously is to live happily. I'll testify of that for the rest of my life. God loves us and he wants us to be happy!! Thats why he sent his Son and the gospel:) MEN ARE THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE JOY

Love and miss you all!

Elder McClune






May 7, 2018

So I ran out of time because I was putting in logros for the zone... so I'm borrowing what my comp wrote for his group email. This week was incredible. God lives and works miracles. I feel so blessed to be part of His work.
 Mormon 9:8-11, 15

8 Behold I say unto you, he that denieth these things knoweth not the gospel of Christ; yea, he has not read the scriptures; if so, he does not understand them.

9 For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variablenessneither shadow of changing?

10 And now, if ye have imagined up unto yourselves a god who doth vary, and in whom there is shadow of changing, then have ye imagined up unto yourselves a god who is not a God of miracles.

11 But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are.

15 And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles.

Ether 12:12

12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.

When we show our faith and do all that we can, God adds to our efforts and works miracles. I love reading in the Bible when Jesus feeds five thousand. It shows that it matters not how meager, insufficient, or humble offerings may be, in Christ it is enough. He will take our two fishes and five loaves, and feed five thousand.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1994/04/five-loaves-and-two-fishes?lang=eng

E' Dameron:

This week was just.... STUNNING. I am so grateful and awed by the many blessings and miracles we have recieved!

andres is just one of the coolest dudes ever, he is 21 years old, and sarted coming to church almost 2 months ago with some friends. he is really smart and did everything we asked him! he read, he prayed, he went to institute EVERYTHING. and then his dad was like, " no. no you can not get baptized!" ouuuff ouch

so we told fim to pray about it, and that if he got baptized he would give the example to his catholic fam and help them get baptized too. so after that he kinda got sacred and avoided us for a week but then this sunday we managed rto corner him in church and talk to him, and WOW he gave us quite a surprise! i was talking to him and he said something like " so ive been praying  a lot this week, and i just cant deny it anymore i know all of this is true, i dont how to explain it, but all of this is so true" and then he showed us the calender on his phone and said he had decided on a date for his own baptism!

on the 19th of may was a note that said " mi bautismo" and than he asked us if that day was ok to be baptized!!

hah! we about jumped out of our socks! of course you can be baptized on that day! NO HAY PROBLEMA! no problems here!  so THAT was a huge miracle! thank you thank you heaven!

yuli came to church, and got an answer from God about the BOM so now shes also set for her baptism for the 19th!

a women named sylvia ( a reference from a member family)  accepted a baptismal date for the 2nd of june, and then our less active pencion the antelo family not only returned to church for the first time in years, but they brought an entire family of investigators with them!! what a come back!  halleluyah! haha

We taught the Soliz family about eternal families and they agreed to get married!

we taught a new less active family named the chambi family, the wife of jose, angeli is the only non member, so on friday we went and taught them about the BOM and they all went to church too! for the first time in years! it was a great great sunday! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! ITS THE BEST EVER!

I testify that THIS GOSPEL IS HAPPINESS! I know that CHRIST LIVES and I know that GOD LOVES ALL OF US!

Keep the commandments and we shall be happy! Simple as that!

Love and miss you all,



Elder McClune












April 30, 2018

No pics because no time. Day late and a Boliviano short. S'all good tho

Well cambios.... I'm back in Viru Viru- where I first started my mission. Talk about trunky right? My comp is Elder Dameron from Rexburg, Idaho. Hes pretty cool and a good missionary, it's gonna be a good cambio. He's pretty into working out so we are on that 6 MONTHS TO SWOLL hahaha.

I hope I get to train again before the end of my mission. I don't like being zone leader a whole ton- too much paperwork and administrative responsabilities.

I'm living with gringos again: Elder Dameron, Elder Tayco from Utah, and Elder Baxter- a greenie from Oregon (already hit his first double dragon, this kid is gonna be a legend hahahaha)

Did an intercambio with Elder Smit- got to see Universitario 2- my first area! I got to see my converts. some members and investigators that I was teaching. A very special experience. I am so blessed.

Quote of the week: Elder Smit: "You can only polish a turd so much"

So I've been feeling sort of inadequate and overwhelmed for some problems taht I'm dealing with, but this quote from Neil A. Maxwell has helped me out

“When in situations of stress we wonder if there is any more in us to give, we can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail or to be wicked. When we have been weighed and found wanting, let us remember that we were measured before and we were found equal to our tasks; and, therefore, let us continue, but with a more determined discipleship. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not overprogram us; he will not press upon us more than we can bear (D&C 50:40).” 

There you have it. Whatever problem, trial, or difficulty you are struggling with- you can overcome iit. Don't give up hope, let these challenges bring you closer to God. YOU CAN DO IT.!

Love and miss you guys.


Elder McClune






April 23, 2018
Another awesome week. I am so incredibly blessed.

We got cambios Tuesday. No idea what they could be. Man they stress me out. I want to stay one more cambio here in Asai. I love the members and the people that we are teaching, I dont want to say goodbye yet. Who am I kidding- I never want to say goodbye ha. And Elder Millis and I have put in so much work. I want to be able to see the fruits of it. But I'll go where the Lord needs me. I just need to trust in him. 6 MONTHS LEFT BABY AND IM GONNA MAKE THE MOST OF THEM😎

Adrianna got baptized! She had a lot of doubts and questions, but thanks to her testimony of the Book of Mormon she knows that this is the true church. Its been a privilege to teach her. Man I feel so blessed to have this gospel in my life and to share it with others.

Love and miss you guys:)

Elder McClune







No comments:

Post a Comment