Monday, October 30, 2017

Making it through the hard days

I am an official South American missionary; I double dragoned hahahaha (I got really sick)
Juan Carlos got baptized! Amazing seeing how the gospel can change people's lives. 
Last week was pretty rough. I was super homesick and the work wasn´t progressing like I wanted it to. I felt that all of my efforts were just going to waste. But like always, I found some verses in the scriptures that helped me:

Hebrews 6:10-12
10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Reminded me of this quote I love by RG3.

“People are often unreasonable, irrational, & self-centered
FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
BE KIND ANYWAY.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends, and some genuine enemies
SUCCEED ANYWAY.
If you are honest & sincere, people may deceive you
BE HONEST & SINCERE ANYWAY.
What you spend years creating others could destroy overnight
CREATE ANYWAY.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten
DO GOOD ANYWAY.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough
GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY.
In the final analysis, its between you and God.
IT WAS NEVER BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY
No good deed is ever wasted. And in the final day, when we stand before Him to be judged

Les extraño mucho,

Elder McClune




No comments:

Post a Comment