Sunday, May 28, 2017

Small and beautiful day to day miracles

Found a pimping Papa Johns hat for 15 Bs. ~$2 in Hipermaxi (the Bolivian version of Walmart)

Monday is our preparation day; our "day off". After we emailed last week we went to the church to play piano. Elder Ferreira and I left to buy some food at the market. At the corner we were stopped by this Pastor from Brazil. He invited us inside his chapel, and we started chatting with him about the gospel and our missions (Portuguese is fairly similar to Spanish so wasn't hard to communicate). He really appreciated what we were doing. But didn't understand why we only serve for two years, and why we paid to serve missions. In the end he offered Elder Ferreira and I both jobs as Pastors haha!!


There are dogs everywhere here! Like there is a legit possibility that there are more dogs than humans in Bolivia. I love dogs so normally this would be awesome. But the majority are dirty, diseased, or unfriendly. Elder Santos and I were contacting (going door to door to find people to teach). At one house this crazy dog went bonkers and tried to bite us thought the gate. Now I just so happened to be carrying my bottle of Tobasco hot sauce with me. I sprinkled a little on one of our contact cards and held it just within reach. He of course took the bait. Tobasco-1, dog-0.

"Winter" has officially come. While it's nothing like winter back home, it actually gets fairly cold because of the humidity. It just chills ya down to your bones. It's been raining practically nonstop for the last 3 days.

Cambios are this Tuesday, we'll find out if I'm staying or bouncing.


Awesome scriptures I read during personal study:

Alma 37:6-7

6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

I wouldn't say that I've seen huge Moses-like miracles. But I've seen the small and beautiful day to day one's; finding personal revelation in the scriptures, recieving a little strength and comfort from a prayer, a closed heart being opened to the gospel. And to be honest I think those have helped my faith grow more than the parting of the Red Sea ever could. God's hand is constantly in our lives. We just need to be willing to see it.


Les extraño,
 Elder McClune

No comments:

Post a Comment