Monday, December 19, 2016

Heart felt letter for Christmas

Sorry, no pics this week, computer is being weird.

I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life. I go to bed at 10:30 and I wake up at 6:30, so theoretically I should be getting enough sleep. Wrong. Nope. Not even close. I've almost falling asleep walking to our appointments haha

Weather here is crazy. Blazing inferno, not a cloud in the sky, and it can be pouring within seconds.

Food still continues to amaze me. Lots of rice and chicken, surprisingly haven't gotten tired of that yet haha. Theres this roll and cheese combination thing called cunepe, I guess thats Spanish for mana (chistes, but for real thats stuffs the bomb) Some meat thing called falso conejo (false rabbit). So I understand its not rabbit, but what is it? Anyhow tastes good. Also a Chilean version of a hot-dog calle Shori-pan. It gets super hot throughout the day so we stop to get this yogurt that comes in a puch calle Pil-Frut. Super rico, 2 for one Boliviano. I think the exchange rate is 7 Bolivianos to 1 US Dollar.

I've had some amazing spiritual experiences this week. Commited 3 to baptism!! I'll tell more about it next time.

This is easily the most humbling experience of my life. It's given me a huge reality check on how blessed my life has been. I have a loving family, a roof over my head, never having to worry about my next meal, clean water to name a few.

Some advice about faith. Ask questions, but never doubt. Having questions doesn't mean that you don't have faith, if anything it means you're trying to strengthen and grow your faith. Just don't let your questions lead to doubt. Never doubt in Christ. Never doubt in his love for you. If there's one constant in this life, its his love. I've seen that throughout my life and I see it everyday out here.

I am overwhelmed by how much love and support I'm getting from everyone. Thank you so much for your letters and prayers. I'm sorry I don't have time to write to everyone everyweek, but I always keep you in my prayers. Feliz Navidad and a Merry Christmas!!


Con amor,


Elder McClune

No comments:

Post a Comment