Wednesday, November 16, 2016

MTC- Half way there!


Not a whole lot of new stuff this week.

Got a gnarly bruise and misc turf burn from soccer. I finally got to weigh myself the other day, 175. Food is still good but I'm not gonna lie, chicken and rice is starting to get a little old haha. Elder Beck and I have been doing well with our mock investigators. We always go in with a lesson plan, but we typically end up abandoning it and just speaking about what the Spirit prompts us to. Keeps us on our toes! My Spanish is progressing well, I'm learning past tense (imperfect and preterite) and future tense right now. I got a Peru soccer jersey the other day, now to get Bolivia and Portugal!

The group of missionaries before us left last night so the MTC feels kid of empty right now. The new group will get here tomorrow. Crazy how fast time has flown. Three more weeks and I'm off to Bolivia!

The Spirit is super strong here and the atmosphere, but occasionally I need a little motivation. Some quotes that have helped are:

"Ain't no rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need it!" - Lyle McClune

and

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." -Theodore Roosevelt

I know how much the Gospel has changed and blessed my life, and I know how much it can help the people of Bolivia. I'm so grateful to have this opportunity, and for the amazing support that everyone has shown. Love and miss you all.


Con amor,


Elder McClune



No comments:

Post a Comment