Monday, August 7, 2017



August 7, 2017

Awesome week, even though it was super hot and exhausting. 

Bolivia has a naval base (pero no hay mar?? but there's no sea?)


Helped out Hermano Jose Alberto with another noria!


Had a dope multi-zone conference, got to see some homies before they ended their missions.

Sid was MIA this week. Its been too hot for the tree so he was probably chilling downstairs. Arnold says hi:)


I've tried making puns in Spanish. Apparently, they're not as popular as they are in English:/ Nevertheless, I will continue my quest.

Washed motos as a zone activity to find more people to teach. Had lots of success!

Sunday Elder Bariere and I broke our fast and ate lunch with Hermano Heiver. This little loro (parrot) was just chilling on Elder Bariere's head. Looks like he felt a little too comfortable cuz he just let one drop on Elder Bariere's ear hahahahahaha





I read one of my favorite passages from the New Testament during my personal study this week:

Luke18:9-14
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justifiedrather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
We should not be puffed up in self-righteous pride or try and bring others down. Instead we should love and support each other. In reality none of us are perfect, we are all sinners in the hands of a loving and just God - all of us have need of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. No one is of more or lesser worth in the eyes of God.
Doctrine and Covenants 18:10
10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God
YOU are a child of God. He loves YOU and has a plan for YOU. Don't ever forget that.
Les extraño,

Elder McClune
PS: Yesterday was Dia de la Patira en Bolivia!


















July 31, 2017

Lots of service this week!! We dug a noria (well) a little more than 3 meters for Hermano Juan Leon Salvatierra. Drained, cleaned, and deepened a well for Hermano Jorge y Hermana Carmen, two less actives. And we helped move an Hermana from a different rama (thats what they call the congregations here)


Arnold when visiting with us again. Sid got a nice tan.

Elder Bariere and I had a really powerful lesson with la Familia Rojas about the Atonement, the sacrifice that Jesus Christ did for us. I could feel the Spirit as I testified that through the Atonement we can be made clean, that we can become better and more like Christ. During my personal study I came across this entry for Peter (one of the original apostles) in the Bible Dictionary;
Peter was one of the greatest of men. It is true that the New Testament recounts some mortal weaknesses, but it also illustrates that he overcame them and was made strong by his faith in Jesus Christ.

Through faith in Christ and His Atonement, we became more than we ever could on our own.

Love and miss you all! Thank you so much for your love and support:)




Les extraño,


Elder McClune




No comments:

Post a Comment